Explosion protection document
The obligation of the operator of the technologies where are flammable dusts, gases and vapours present is elaboration of Explosion protection document according to Directive 99/92/EC (ATEX 137).
Industries with risk of explosion:
- pneumatic or mechanical conveying of the bulk solids (flour, cocoa, sugar, malt, coal and wood dust).
- powder coating booths
- dedusting and filtration units
- bulk solids storages (silos)
- wheat mills, coal mills, ...
- chemical and pharmaceutical industry
Elaboration of Explosion protection document according to ATEX 137:
- ignition sources identification
- assessment of probability of presence of explosive atmospheres and its duration
- assessment of probability of presence of ignition sources
- assessment of work equipment, including installation, materials, technological processes, workflows
- determination of the scope of the likely effects of an explosion.
- proposal of organisational and technical measures
- technical proposal of the explosion protection systems
- proposal of the coordination of the works in areas with risk of explosion
- protocol of determination of externalities
- check of the project documentation and zonings
- technical assistance for the conformity assessment and selection of products intended for use in the explosion hazard.
Non-binding guide to good practice for implementing the European Parliament and Council Directive 1999/92/EC on minimum requirements for improving the safety and health protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres - download HERE: